COVID-19 Latest Information For Our Patients 22/05/20
The ongoing health, wellbeing and safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority as we are now in Level 2.
Our online booking system will remain closed. Telephone and video consultations will still be the preferred means of consultation with your doctor. However, if a face to face consultation appointment is necessary this will only be made after your call has been triaged by a nurse or doctor. The reception team will be able make routine appointments with the nurse.
Why the triage before a face to face consultation?
We have divided our building in two:
- Carpark side is the ‘Red’ side. One of our doctors will see all patients that we deem appropriate after the triage call. These will be patients with respiratory or flu symptoms, coughs and colds. A COVID-19 test may also be necessary, but we will only do this under current Ministry of Health guidelines. If you are to be seen for any of these reasons you will be given directions to stay in your car when you arrive and phone reception to let them know you are waiting. The doctor will come and get you from your vehicle when they are ready. Please do not enter the building.
- DO NOT enter the ‘Red’ side unless you are accompanied by a staff member.
- The rest of the medical centre is ‘Green’. This area will be for all other necessary face to face consultations with a doctor or our nurses for childhood immunisations, wound checks, smears, liquid nitrogen etc.
Other precautions we are taking include:
- Carpark entrance to the building will remain locked.
- Social distancing – when you enter the building please do not approach reception until you are asked to. There will be marks on the carpet as you enter the medical centre 1 metre apart (we are all used to doing this now). Please wait your turn on these marks. Waiting room chairs will give you a metre space from another patient.
- No magazines or toys – if you need to entertain your child while you are waiting please bring some toys with you.
- Hand gel provided for your hands. Please do this before you approach reception. Table is to the right before reception. Mask available should you want to use one.
- All hard surfaces that come into patient contact in the consulting rooms are wiped down with a medical cleaning agent after each patient.
- Waiting areas and toilets are cleaned regularly during the day.
- Clinical staff will be wearing masks during your face to face consult.
Face to face nurse appointments we will be resuming:
- Liquid nitrogen – Tuesdays
- B12 injections
- Childhood immunisations
- Adult immunisations
- Cervical screening
Driver’s Licence for over 75 years and other endorsements – Early June is our proposed time for starting these. Rest assured that there has been an extension of time if yours expired during the lockdown period.
Diabetic reviews – will also start these early in June.
Paying for all non-face to face consultations and repeat prescriptions
- All consultation fees have remained the same as prior to COVID-19 whether it be by video, telephone or face to face.
- You will be sent a text with the amount you owe after your video, telephone consultation, or repeat prescription request which will include our bank account details for on-line banking payment.
- Please use the name of the person who had the consultation and date of consultation as a reference with your payment so the payment can be correctly allocated.
We appreciate your prompt payment as non-payment puts pressure on our small business particularly at this time.
Remember these now that we are at Level 2:
- Washing and drying hands regularly and well
- Staying home if you are sick
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Not touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Avoid close contact wherever possible with people who are unwell.
Use a contact tracer app:
The NZ COVID Tracer app is the official government contact tracing app. The app makes it easier to identify people who have come into close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
More information about the app, including how personal information is used, is available on the Ministry of Health website: NZ COVID Tracer
The Team – Dunedin North Medical Centre